Monday, July 6, 2009

Blag!

So I’ve decided to start a blog. I’m going to use this as a place to share my experiences here to give you a taste of what life here is like. I certainly can’t convey everything, even if I tried so I’m just going to describe small windows into my day. I think this is probably the best way to tackle the enormity of describing my experience here. A couple things to keep in mind while reading this:

1. The contents of this blog are not in any way affiliated with the Peace Corps and do not represent in any way an official view or opinion of the Peace Corps in regard to anything. This blog is for my personal use and is to share my personal experiences, and are not representative of the experiences. The contents of this blog can be read and used personally, but cannot be used or linked to commercially or in an official capacity without my express written consent.
2. The purpose of this blog is to share with you the culture and experiences I find myself in everyday. Respect diversity!
3. My English, which is already bad, will probably get worse as the months and years of speaking French bass by. I’m quite aware of this already!
4. Post comments! Post something lets me know that you are reading this and I’ll be much more likely to keep posting regularly if I know people are readying what I write. Also if you want to hear about something in particular, just let me know and I’ll try and get something posted about it.
5. Enjoy!

So I hope this can somehow share a part of my life with all of you. Also, I’d love to hear from all of you and what you are doing. Shoot me an email anytime! I’m going to be pretty busy for about the next two months so don’t expect an especially speedy response, but life is going to slow down for me a lot after that and I should have more time for correspondence. If any of you way to send me letters just let me know and I’ll give you my address. I’m hoping to get Skype up and working when I get to site, but for now I do have a cell which you can call me on, just let me know and I’ll get you my digits.

2 comments:

  1. 8th July 2009

    Bovard:

    I received your email and sent the info to many family members and friends with an invitation to view and participate. Maybe there will be a positive response.

    We arrived in Helena last night at about 10:30 p.m., tired and jet lagged from many hours in the air. It still amazes me that one can sit in a chair and drink coffee traveling at 500 miles per hour six miles above the surface of Earth at minus 50 degrees. However, the reality of stress on one's body mitigates the euphoria to some extent.

    It sounds like you are having a great experience.

    We tried to telephone you via skype before we left London, but could not get through. We will likely try again soon.

    The tomatoes are ripening on the vines. The cherries are plumping up with the latest rain. The beets are looking healthy in Mum's new garden. Mosby is distressed that a new racoon has discivered his food. Tonight we will set the trap and hope for success. The dam was blown out by the spring runoff, and repairs will start as soon as there are several unaware visitors (workers) on the property.

    Other than that, we will spend the next few days adjusting to the new time zone and re-establishing our routines.

    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bovard:

    Do you want me to ask the Independent Record if they are interested in carrying your blog entries?

    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete