Monday, March 15, 2010

A day by numbers

4 times: I hit the snooze button
87 F: In my room at 7:30 am.
8 seconds: The average period of our rooster’s crowing
10 minutes: The duration of his crowing
2 rocks: thrown at him by me
62 students: My biggest class today
32 students: My smallest class today
12 years: age of my youngest student
22 years: age of my oldest student
2 minutes: time a student who misbehaves in my class has to wall-sit for.
6 classes: In my schedule today
16 computers: working computers in my lab
7 computers: computers working when I arrived
373 MHz: their average processor speed
12 GB: their average hard disk space
154 MB: the average RAM per computer
3 hours: time the youngest class spent raking up rocks with their hands in the sun
105 F: temperature in my room during the afternoon break
3 seconds: time on average to turn on the fan after entering my room
6 liters: water I drink per day on average
2 days: time left until I leave for vacation
20 hours: length of the bus ride to get to the beaches in Benin
5 days: time I will be spending on the beach
9 months: time I have spent in Burkina as of Saturday
5 months: time since I’ve seen rain.
2 months: time until it’s expected to rain in Toma.

1 comment:

  1. Wallsitting == the best punishment EVER. And seven months sans rain is mindboggling. Hope your nine++ months so far have been good. =)

    ReplyDelete