Sunday, February 20, 2011

Experiments

Hey all.

I know I’ve been sorely lacking in Blog entries of late, and after some reflection I can see there is a pretty easy explanation for that. I’ve been trying to describe experiences here that I found novel, unique or interesting coming from my American perspective. However after being here for almost two years most of the experiences around me have long ceased being novel. A school day here is much like the one a week ago, which is not all that dissimilar to one a year ago. I see the same students, teachers and people in a week and do a lot of the same things. I’m in a routine of sorts, or maybe you could say I’ve settled in. That's not to say that I don't experience new things every week, I just feel less like they are worth writing home about.

So I think I’ll be experimenting with a few different types of entries to see what sort of things I’m inspired to write about. I’ll try and keep them shortish and stay away from to-do lists. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment